03.05.2023 | Events | Nordic SME | Finland | Helsinki
Are you interested in partnering with international financing and funding organizations to develop your circular economy business worldwide?
Several international financing institutions are experienced in financing and providing other support for circular economy projects and have strong interest in scaling them up. They are looking for new suitable projects as well as enhancing the sustainability of current projects in emerging markets.
In this session, you will hear the experiences and recommendations of circular economy experts that represent international financing and funding organizations covering all continents. Companies that have implemented circular economy projects in emerging markets will also share their experiences and lessons learned. During networking and lunch you are invited to meet with experts to discuss your specific business needs.
The session will be interesting for companies providing circular economy solutions for private and public sectors in global markets. EPC’s, project developers and others involved in similar international circular economy ventures could also benefit from the event.
Organisers: Business Finland and Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
09:30 – 10:00 Registration & morning coffee
10:00 – 10:10 Opening by Pasi Hellman, Under Secretary of Ministry for Foreign Affairs
10:10 – 11:50 Three Panel Discussions, including:
1) Circularity for environmental protection, particularly water
- Jaani Pietikäinen, Head of EIB Group Office for Finland
- Jussi Haarasilta, Executive Vice President, Finnvera
- Saumya Kailasapathy, Fundraising Manager, The Asian Development Bank Ventures (ADBV)
- Riku Granberg, CEO, Dewaco
2) Plastic recycling
- Thor Thorsteinsson, Vice President, Head of Nordic SME Financing, Nefco – the Nordic Green Bank
- Samu Salo, Senior Industry Advisor , Global Manufacturing, Chemicals and Fertilizers, International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- Ellen Martin, Chief Impact Officer, Circulate Capital
- Anssi Mikola, CEO, RiverRecycle
3) Bio economy and sustainable packaging
- Paula Pelaez Zambrano, Director of Advisory MSME , Inter-America Development Bank Group (IDB Invest)
- Jussi Tourunen Associate Director, Head of Energy & Infrastructure, Finnfund
- Dmitri Koufus, Associate Director, Head of SBI, Industry & Agribusiness, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Heli Antila, Vice President, Biobased Solutions, Fortum
- Dr. Anthony Nyong, Director, Climate Change & Green Growth, The African Development Bank Group
11:50 – 12:00 Closing by Risto Vuohelainen, Chief Operation Officer, Business Finland
12:00 – 13:30 Buffet lunch and networking
This event is an Accelerator Session at the World Circular Economy Forum 2023