Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO) has with financial support from the Neighbourhood Investment Platform of the European Union (NIP) initiated a number of energy efficiency projects in Ukrainian municipalities together labelled “Ukraine Energy Efficiency in Small & United Municipalities” (the Programme).
The Programme is aimed at assisting municipalities of Ukraine and united territorial communities (the UTCs) to reduce energy costs by investing in energy efficient public buildings, such as local schools, day-care centres, hospitals, clinics, street lighting and other municipal properties. The Programme is split into two different components (project categories) with different financing structure:
Component I. Small grant financed projects for UTCs;
Component II. Projects financed by NEFCO loan blended with Investment Grant from NIP and own financing from Municipalities.
NEFCO is now seeking to procure consultancy services for project implementation support to the Component I of the Programme. The Programme partners (municipalities) have been identified and an investment pipeline (Business Plans) established for 7 projects under Component I.
The typical investment measures are:
- Thermal insulation of building envelope in municipality-owned social buildings;
- Modernisation of air ventilation and heating systems in social public buildings;
- Replacement of indoor lighting in social public buildings with energy efficient lamps;
- Replacement/rehabilitation of outdoor (street) lighting to achieve energy savings without the loss of lighting quality.
The typical project size is in the range of EUR 300,000 – 600,000.
Assignment Description: NEFCO wishes to procure qualified Consultants to support the Project Implementation (PIU support) for Programme’s Component I. The selected consultant will assist the Project Implementation Units of the municipalities to implement the identified projects.The Consultants will be required to provide the following services:
- Supporting the municipalities with preparation and implementation of procurement of goods, works and services, as required for project execution;
- Supporting the municipalities with project implementation, including contract administration and disbursement planning/requesting;
- Supporting the municipalities with local procedures, such as approval of financing, registration of grants etc;
- Reporting to NEFCO on project implementation progress, risks and risk mitigation.
Assignment Start Date and Duration: it is expected that Assignment shall start immediately upon completion of the selection process approximately 1 October 2020 and last for a duration of up to 48 months.
Overall Budget: is expected to be approximately EUR 300,000 (exclusive of VAT) including 10% contingencies.
Read more about the assignment and requested consultant profile in the beneath Invitation document.