The Cities of Khmenlnytskyi, Fastiv, Lutsk, Chernihiv, Uman, Sumy, Horishni Plavni, Berdychiv together with respective Vodokanals are planning to announce competitive tendering for the works, goods and services defined by the NIP Ukraine Water Modernisation Programme.
The start of tenders will take place in the first quarter of 2020. The continuation of the tender announcement is scheduled until 31 December 2021.
The Cities and Vodokanals intend to use the funds from a loan provided by Nordic Environment Finance Corporation (NEFCO), grant funds from the EU Neighbourhood Investment Platform (NIP)*, and own co-financing for the works, goods and services as listed below.
Within the framework of the NIP Ukraine Water Modernisation Programme contractors will in 2020-2021 be selected for implementation of contracts for a total amount of approx. EUR 16 million within the following areas:
- Reconstruction of wastewater pumping stations
- Reconstruction of wastewater treatment plants
- Сonstruction of new wells for water supply
- Reconstruction of water mains
- Replacement of pumps in water pumping stations
- Installation of flow meters in block apartment buildings and dispatch systems
* The EU Neighbourhood Investment Platform (NIP), is an EU facility stemming from the financing options
offered by the European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI) Regulation and it has approved a grant to support the NIP Ukraine Water Modernisation Programme.