Unsecured loans, fast-track application process
Nefco’s Fast-track loan is offered to companies with commercially proven green and sustainable solutions. Loan applications are processed in a fast-track mode and can be used to finance investments and business activities in support of international growth. Learn more about our terms and conditions.
Helping green Nordic SMEs grow
We finance small and medium-sized companies’ growth on global markets to accelerate the green transition. Our customers include green Nordic SMEs from various industries. We also complement and help to mobilise financing from commercial banks and other private investors to close the financing gaps. Contact us and apply for financing.
Fast-track loan financing for small and medium-sized Nordic companies
Is your green business in need of funds for operational growth?
Nefco offers Fast-track loan financing for Nordic small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) with commercially proven green and sustainable solutions. The loan can be used for investments and business activities in support of international growth.
Our aim is to help your green business grow on global markets and to accelerate the scale-up of Nordic green solutions.
Who can apply?
- Nordic small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with commercialised green solutions.
Financial requirements of borrower
- Equity ratio of at least 25% (measured after Nefco investment) for the duration of the loan
- At least EUR 100,000 in equity or equal to the loan amount applied for
- At least 3 consecutive years of sales revenue
Terms and conditions
- Possible loan amount ranging from EUR 100,000 to EUR 500,000
- Loan maturity 3-5 years with equal instalments or 3 years as a bullet loan
- Nefco does not require security from the borrower for the loan
- Establishment fee of EUR 1,500
Where and how?
- For investments and business activities related to the company’s internationalisation on global markets
- Applications are processed via a fast-track mode with standardised application material
Purpose of the Nefco loan
The Loan shall be used for investments and business activities in support of international growth, such as international business development and sales, investments aiming at internationalisation, and/or for financing working capital needed to maintain or further develop international operations and business activities.
Typical projects may be related to the following sectors:
- waste handling
- water technology
- energy efficiency
- renewable energy
- building technology
- food industry
How we work
We are ready to take a financial risk if there is a green upside. The real risk is not going green.
To identify projects that are environmentally sustainable, Nefco uses the EU Taxonomy as its primary classification system. In addition, Nefco will evaluate applications using its own environmental and sustainability criteria. Please note that applicants may be asked to fill in a separate Environmental and Sustainability Questionnaire (ESQ) at a later stage of the application process.
As an international financial institution, we have a range of other policies and guidelines that will help you understand how we work both internally and with our partners and customers.
How to apply
Download and fill in the application form or scroll down on the page to ‘Related publications’.
Add the following attachments to the application:
- The applicant company’s three (3) most recent audited annual financial statements
- Current interim figures if financial records are older than six (6) months, profit and loss statement, and balance sheet
- Financial statements for the group (If applicable)
- Cash flow projections for the preferred Nefco loan period
- Confirmation letter of bank account number from the company’s bank
- Applicant company’s certificate of registration document
In addition, we provide a template for your investment and financing budget.
Contact our investment experts
If you would like to get more information before applying, submit the contact form and we will get back to you soon. You can also reach out to our investment experts directly by email or phone.
Finnish, Russian, English, Swedish
Danish, English, Swedish, Finnish
Vice President, Origination
Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, English
Vice President, Green Transition Nordic SMEs
Icelandic, Swedish, English